If you market your business through email, then you’re probably already aware of the importance of landing pages in obtaining conversions. But do you know how to make a great landing page? Below we’ve identified some of the top tips you can use to take your landing page from so-so to successful:
- Create a Short, Attention-Grabbing Headline. Your headline is one of the most important elements on the page. For this reason, you want to make sure it is captivating. To accomplish this objective, aim to write a headline that is interesting, identifies your product or service, and makes people want to learn more.
- Write Great Copy. The best copy is direct, written in an informal tone, addresses the audience as “you,” handles any objections that people are likely to have (for example, “this product is too expensive”), and answers the question for readers, “How can this product or service benefit me?” We also recommend using short paragraphs, subheaders, and bullet points to quickly communicate key ideas.
- Offer Proof. Do you have research, studies, or testimonials about why your product is so valuable? If so, be sure to use them. These can often sway people who are on the fence about taking advantage of your offer.
- Use Attractive Images. Images should be large, relevant, and visually appealing. This is not the time to go cheap by using free graphics that you stumbled across online.
- Create a Persuasive Call-To-Action (CTA). Your call-to-action is a directive, telling the prospect which action you would like him to perform. This could include things like signing up for a trial membership, purchasing your product, downloading a free e-book, etc. When creating your CTA, make sure that it is easily visible (contrasting colors work well), short, and explicit. Additionally, avoid the tendency to have multiple CTAs on a page—this can actually reduce your conversion rate.