Back

5 Ways to Increase Social Media Engagement

With the popularity of social media, companies are looking for ways to use this marketing avenue more effectively.  Fortunately, this is easier than it sounds.  Check out our top tips for increasing social media engagement with your customers:

  1. Get Visual.  Did you know that images can be an excellent way of increasing social media engagement?  Research indicates that images can lead to an 85% increase in Facebook interaction and 35% more retweets.[1]

  2. Follow the 80/20 Rule.  Rather than inundating followers with sales-related pitches, follow the 80/20 marketing rule.  Create 80% of your content around the interests of your fan base.  This might include industry news, upcoming events, or highlighting a charity that your company supports.  The remaining 20% of your content can be more sales-oriented in nature.

  3. Have a Call-To-Action (CTA).  A CTA is so important in marketing.  Essentially, it instructs customers to engage in a specific behavior after reading your blog, Facebook post, etc.  For instance, you might suggest that they “Like” your company on Facebook, visit a link, or tweet using a certain hashtag.

  4. Use a Guest Blogger.  Want to attract new users to your website?  Consider using a guest blogger with a large following.  Select someone who would be interesting to your readership and allow them to write a blog post—this will increase your brand recognition and generate industry notice.

  5. Ask Questions.  A great way to enhance your social media engagement is through the use of questions.  For instance, Kissmetrics found that posts with questions receive 100% more comments.  Additionally, a study by Buddy Media shows that a question at the end of a post increases interaction by 15%, compared to questions that are in the beginning or the middle of a post.[2]